Thursday, December 29, 2005

Coffee Drinkers and Quibble Raisers

Meet the Ambidexters

Lise and I decided to make a blog where we review stuff because we realized that even though we belong in jobs where we are paid to make end-of-year 'Top 10' lists instead of the regular kind of jobs we actually have, it was never going to happen unless we jumped in head-first and started doing it.

Reviewing stuff isn't something I've ever done in a formal way before, but I like to complain, evaluate, quibble, and rank things, so I think I'm a natural. But just because I'm new, that doesn't mean I'm shying away from the big boys: for my first review I'm setting my sights on the McSweeney's phenomenon with a review of McSweeney's 18 and Wholphin #1, the "DVD Magazine of Unseen Things" which come bundled together for $22.00--Ouch!

I'm also planning a New Year's Eve Eve movie marathon tomorrow and will post notes if I see anything good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home